Saturday, November 1, 2014

So the surgery date has been set.  We found out on Halloween.  That was scary as the date is November 12.  Twelve days away!  Eeekkk!

It kind of totally unnerved me.  I think it did Megan as well.  It is what it is though, and we will get through.  I am planning ahead and thinking of all kinds of things.  Like post-surgery, her school work, getting home from school after she goes back to school.  She walks home now, and this is quite a distance, and it will be cold.  I am not sure how that is going to go.  How much would it cost for someone to do it each day?  Bring her home that is?  Like I said, all kinds of thoughts. Her diet after surgery since for a minimum of four weeks she will be on liquids.  Also, since I have something going on myself, health-wise, is mine going to keep at bay so I get her through surgery?  Unsettling times.  However, I try to keep reminding myself that this has all been filtered through His hands and He knows what is going to happen.  I trust Him.  I know many will be praying for Megan, which I am grateful.

Megan will miss the retreat that the Youth Group from Church is going  on.  That really made her sad.  She will miss eating Thanksgiving.  She requested before her surgery date, she wanted a big, fat, juicy, steak.  I decided to take her last night to Texas Roadhouse.  She had the Cowboy cut (and brought half of it home to enjoy today) as her Aunt Chris and Uncle Joe suggested.  Here she is enjoying it:



Everything will fall into place and all will be well.  Thank you for those who are praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment